Friday, June 6, 2014

More Than A Hashtag: Nigerian Girls, Social Media, and Bruriah

Check out the article I wrote for Jewesses with Attitude!

As a feminist activist and Internet junkie, I get most of my news from online, feminist-leaning news sources. Consequently, I learned about the plight of the 300 kidnapped girls in Nigeria before the general public became aware of it. I was dismayed that it took so long for mainstream news sites to cover the incident, and I am equally saddened by its quick disappearance from people’s thoughts. Although major news sites are still reporting on the situation, such updates are largely absent from social media. A couple days ago, my Facebook newsfeed was exploding with event pages, shared articles, and updated statuses about the kidnapped girls. Now, I hear nothing.

Continue reading here.



1 comment:

  1. Excellent your great post.This post is important for social.This post give more important knowledge of social.Your post is helpful and important.Thanks a lot for share your great post.

    ReplyDelete